Messages for the planet to show we care
In today’s world, environmental issues are becoming increasingly important. The threats to our environment as we know it are more present than ever. Pollution, greenhouse effect, carbon dioxide emissions, deforestation as well as water scarcity all drive climate change and increase the occurrence of extreme weather events. We’re in this together!
Whilst no one single person’s actions can save the world, our collective efforts, at our own level, to limit the impact of our actions and behaviour can make a BIG difference! Afterall, don’t we all agree that it does take a village…?
To raise awareness about the importance of our daily gestures and what we can do to help, we have come up with lots of little messages that can be displayed around the house, that teachers and kids can use at school to spread the word to their friends and families, always with a sense of benevolence and a dash of humour.
And maybe these actions will change our daily behaviour and help give a better, brighter future to our lovely planet and all those depending on its good health 😊
Our messages for the planet
Below is a little list, by no means exhaustive, of benevolent and fun messages we hope will help everyone to reflect on their actions, change their behaviour to protect our planet.
- Recycling is THE thing
- Turn off the air conditioner, you’ll thank us later
- Refuse, Reduce, Recycle, Repair, Reuse
- Be bright! Switch off the light!
- Don’t waste, finish your plate!
- I love my planet, I care what’ s on my plate!
- Organic is fantastic!
- Be the Best! Protect the forest!
- Less paper is better!
- Manage your garbage!
- Cool down to carry on
- Switch to green to win!
- Eat local
- Our resolution: Less pollution!
- Plant a tree! Keep the planet happy!
- Less packaging is a cool thing
- Don’t shrug! Unplug!
- Be cool! Walk to school
- Be cool! Cycle to school
- Save energy! Drop a few degrees
- Sustainable is the goal!
- When you’re off, switch everything off!
- There’s no PLANet B
- Don’t be useless! Use less!
- Plastic is not fantastic!
- Use it up, wear it out, make it do or go without!
- Think globally, act locally!
- If you can walk to it, do it!
- Make it do or do without!
We have turned each of our messages for the planet into posters that you are free to download (just click on the link in each of the messages). Or you can use our blank one to create a lot more using the children’s imagination. They will be great displayed in windows, teachers can use them in a school project.
You can even create your own, with this plain template, to print and colour.
Our messages for the planet put into actions!
There are plenty little things we can do in our daily lives to contribute to lesser our impact on the planet and lead a greener daily life. Here are a few:
Reduce our consumption of single use plastic.
As much as possible, we need to reduce our plastic consumption.
And the first and easier thing to do is to forget plastic bottles and use a reusable water bottle wherever you go! And our personalised water bottles might just fit the bill 😊
They are insulated, so your drinks keep hot for 12 hours and cold for 24h. Customised with a name each member of the family can have its own.
Switching off the light when leaving a room or all our electric appliances rather than leaving them on stand-by, unplugging chargers and devices when not in use or fully charged…. A list of little things, quick to do, that will make a remarkable difference!
And the added benefit is that you’ll get to enjoy a smaller electricity bill !
Label your belongings
Another little step is to label our belongings so they don’t get lost and need replacing.
We have a say here in Mine4Sure: Label it and Find it!
For your garments and fabric items, you can use name labels for clothes.
They come in different types, shapes and sizes to suit all your requirements:
- If you are pressed for time, not a big fan of the iron or the sewing needle, clothing label stickers are a quick and easy solution. All you need is a brand or care labels, stick them on and voilà!! The marking is done and dusted.
- Iron on name labels are still the favourite labelling solution for families. They offer fantastic value for money, long lasting marking. Yes, you do need an iron but nowadays the technology has developed so much that they are quick to iron and will stay put for years.
- The 3rd type of name tags for clothes is sew in name labels. These are ideal for more fragile textile items, those that cannot be ironed.
We hope you will find a great use for all these phrases and that it will inspire you for more; Don’t hesitate to share wih us your ideas and creations on Instagram or Facebook
+ There are no commentsAdd yours