Cherry tomato and Mozzarella skewers: Bring a smile to mealtimes! This easy and fun recipe to make with the children, is guaranteed to be a hit with everyone.
How to prepare your Cherry tomato and Mozzarella skewers:
Ingredients, you will need:
– Some cherry tomatoes
– Small mozzarella bowls
– And also a few sprigs of chives and basil leaves
– Small wooden skewers or cocktail sticks
Step by step instructions:
- To start, rince the cherry tomatoes, sprigs of chives and basil leaves
- Then, cut the tomatoes in half and hollow out a little bit the tomatoes.
- For the next step, on each cocktail stick, put half a tomato (cut half pointing to the top) followed by a mozzarella ball. Repeat until you have used all the tomatoes and mozzarella balls.
- Now, using the sprigs of chives and basil leaves, get the kids to have fun transforming the mozzarella into faces. Tip: Black sesame seeds make great eyes.
You can also turn the basil leaves and chives sprigs into hair, ears…
- Keep the kids going making funny faces until all ingredients are used.
- Finally, present nicely all the complete cocktail skewers.
- If you want, add a bit of olive oil or balsamic vinegar.
There you are! Ready to bring a smile to mealtimes with these mini cherry tomato and mozzarella skewers! These colourful and fun bite size snacks are a guaranteed hit for a healthy picnic or aperitivo!
Look out for more summer kabob recipes in our blog! And do not hesitate to share your creations and recipe suggestions on instagram and facebook